- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature
The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System
Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
Adjusts for comfort.
Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing
Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob
Helps prevent damage.
Start/Run/Stop Controls on Handle
- Throttle Trigger Interlock
Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated
Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables
Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch
Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler
Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.