Factory-installed occupant protective structure (OPS) or deluxe cab
The Gator™ HPX is configured from the factory with OPS and standard Occupant Side Retention (OSR) or deluxe cab
- The OPS performance is certified to SAE J219
Nets are standard equipment on the Gator HPX. Features of the nets include:
- One-handed operation
- Easy entry/exit
- Great visibility
Stylized poly doors can be ordered in lieu of nets. Features of the doors include:
- Automotive style handles
- One-handed operation
The Gator HPX can be configured with the deluxe cab with front windshield, rear window, electrical kit, OSR nets or glass doors
Features operator conveniences such as high-back bucket or bench seats, cup holders, glove box, and 12-V outlet
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with many standard features that provide for comfortable and convenient operation:
- Side-by-side 457-mm (18-in.) high-back bucket or bench seating provides room for one operator and one passenger
- Hip restraints serve as convenient and comfortable handholds
- Driver's seat is mounted on a slide-rail system that allows for fore-aft positioning
- Occupant Protective Structure (OPS) with three-point seat belts and passenger side grab handles, located on the front post, front dash, and on the outside of the seats
- Both seats (buckets only) tilt forward for ease of service and to keep them dry during outdoor storage
- Operator platform provides easy entry/exit for the operator and passenger
- Cup holders are located within reach of the operator's station
- Hour-meter comes standard to assist in maintaining regular service intervals
- Traction assist (differential lock) is hand operated and conveniently located between the operator and passenger seats
- Glove box is located in the dash to provide a convenient storage area for small items
- Standard 12-V direct current (VDC) outlet conveniently located on the instrument panel as well as in the center console between the seats (buckets only)
- Tank-mounted fuel gauge is easily viewed from the left side of operator's seat
- Large, 76-mm (3-in.) diameter fuel tank fill opening allows easy fuel fill and helps to eliminate spillage
- Storage compartment is located under the front hood for extra storage space
- On-dash manual choke provides easy accessibility and convenient choke moderation for smooth engine warm-up (gas models only)
Durable cargo box for hard-working performance
The Gator™ HPX has a durable cargo box constructed of 16-gauge steel to allow heavy hauling:
- Strong and durable design
Can be manually or power tilted up to allow access to the drive system or to assist in unloading the box
- Prop rod is provided as base to hold the box in the upright position for operator convenience
- Power lift kit is available as an attachment for field conversion or as a factory-installed option
- Electrohydraulic cylinders provide power to lift the cargo box and a load of up to 453.5 kg (1000 lb)
- Dump control switch, conveniently located on the dash, makes it easier and more convenient to dump the box
- The tailgate, with a solid latching system, can be opened or removed for easier cleanout and to haul longer items
CAUTION: Carrying cargo that extends beyond the box can adversely affect stability.
A bedliner for the cargo box can be ordered as an attachment for field conversion.
Cargo box specifications
Precision-engineered drive system optimizes acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities
The Gator™ HPX Utility Vehicle has a precision-engineered drivetrain system to better utilize engine power, to improve acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously variable clutch system to the transaxle.
Key elements of the drive system include:
- Transaxle with high and low ranges, neutral, and reverse
- Variable-speed drive
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches and a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to and rotated by the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to and drives the transaxle.
How variable-speed drive works:
- As the engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts drive speed upward or downward so that engine rpm remains constant at constant throttle position.
TRANSAXLE AND MECHANICAL FRONT-WHEEL DRIVE (MFWD)
- Two-speed fully enclosed oil bath transaxle allows superior pulling ability
- Low range is 0 km/h to 19 km/h (0 mph to 12 mph)
- High range is 0 km/h to 40 km/h (0 mph to 25 mph)
- MFWD and rear transaxle are protected by skid plates
- Helical forward and reverse gears are used for quiet operation
- On-demand true four-wheel drive (4WD) system with an auto-locking front differential and dash-mounted electronic rocker switch; when the rocker switch is in the on 4WD position, the front differential will automatically lock for extra traction when needed, but when the rocker switch is in the off two-wheel drive (2WD) position, the vehicle will remain in 2WD
Provides exceptional traction in challenging conditions
Maintains turf-friendly operation in 2WD mode
Combined with rear traction assist - (differential lock) can provide full, locking 4WD
Heavy-duty suspension delivers excellent heavy hauling capabilities
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with heavy-duty coil over shock, semi-independent rear suspension with 3.5 in. (89 mm) of suspension travel that provides a comfortable ride with the cargo box unloaded, while also minimizing suspension sag when the cargo box is loaded.
The Gator™ HPX is equipped with McPherson strut independent front suspension providing a comfortable ride and excellent work capability. The heavy-duty, ductile cast-iron, single A-arm provides 5.15 in. (131 mm) of suspension travel for excellent handling and ride quality.